Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with auto Fill

OK here is what I trying to do. I need to count the number of used rows in
column A and place "N" in column AU when there is anything in column A of
that row. Im have a major brain Fart here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In AU1 :
=IF(COUNTBLANK(A1)=0,"","N")

Then in another cell you can count how many blank's there are"
=COUNTIF(AU1:AU3000,"")

"jln via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

OK here is what I trying to do. I need to count the number of used rows in
column A and place "N" in column AU when there is anything in column A of
that row. Im have a major brain Fart here.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I see what your saying but im looking for something more along the lines of.
I have tried to get this to run right but im having a problem with the auto
fill part.

Dim SourceRange As Excel.Range
Dim fillRange As Excel.Range
Dim rng4 As Excel.Range

With Worksheets("shtXL")
Set rng4 = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
If rng4.Row < 1 Then
Exit Sub
Else
Set SourceRange = .Range("AU8")
SourceRange.Value = "N"
Set fillRange = .Range(SourceRange, .Cells(rng4.Row, "AU"))
SourceRange.AutoFill Destination:=fillRange, Type:=xlFillValues
End If
End With