Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default WScript.Shell

Hi,

My question is simple: I have to use the WScript.Shell object from VBA
(Excel 2000), but i want to use early-binding (instead of
late-binding-- CreateObject("WScript.Shell")).

I'm unable to find out what reference I must to set in the VBA editor
in order to use that object.

Thank you beforehand.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try: "Windows Script Host Object Model"

c:\windows\system32\wshom.ocx

--
Jim
"Dani" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| My question is simple: I have to use the WScript.Shell object from VBA
| (Excel 2000), but i want to use early-binding (instead of
| late-binding-- CreateObject("WScript.Shell")).
|
| I'm unable to find out what reference I must to set in the VBA editor
| in order to use that object.
|
| Thank you beforehand.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for replying.

I've already tried that library. But my code still doesn't compile:

Dim wsh As WScript.Shell
Set wsh = new WScript.Shell

"Dani" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| My question is simple: I have to use the WScript.Shell object from VBA
| (Excel 2000), but i want to use early-binding (instead of
| late-binding-- CreateObject("WScript.Shell")).
|
| I'm unable to find out what reference I must to set in the VBA editor
| in order to use that object.
|
| Thank you beforehand.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think that library will work:

Sub test()
Dim wsh As WshShell
Set wsh = New WshShell
wsh.Popup "hi"
Set wsh = Nothing
End Sub

-John Coleman

"Dani" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| My question is simple: I have to use the WScript.Shell object from VBA
| (Excel 2000), but i want to use early-binding (instead of
| late-binding-- CreateObject("WScript.Shell")).
|
| I'm unable to find out what reference I must to set in the VBA editor
| in order to use that object.
|
| Thank you beforehand.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I also think so.