Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with Application.Help

My first attempt to write help files for Excel macros gave me an error
for some time. Finally solved it so thought I'd post it here for
others.

I made a CHM file using HTML Help Workshop. It opened fine from
Explorer, but if I tried opening from an Excel VBA function using
Application.Help, a blank Help window would open for 10 seconds, then I
would get an 'Out of Memory' error.

I tried writing a second small CHM for testing and it worked fine.
Compared all the settings; they were identical. Finally found out that
the problem was with the name of the file itself: It contained spaces.
Removed them and it started working.

Application.Help works with spaces in the folder names but not in the
name of the CHM file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that information.
I had the Help Workshop downloaded but had never installed it.
Will probably give it a try now.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA