Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default mid function causes a compile error

Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot solve.
I have a routine that prints various registers for groups of pupils.
the routine checks each of the controls on a userform
if the control is a checkbox and its value is true then the caption of
the checkbox is analysed.
This is where the problem occurs. I am using the following code,
whenever I run the sub, I get an error message along the lines of
"compile error: cannot find project or library"
Here's the code -

For Each thing In RotationRegisterForm.Controls
If Mid(thing.Caption, 1, 2) = "11" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("rotStart11Dates").Range("a4").S elect

the rest of my code follows

I'm not sure what to do about it.
Also whenever I am naming a range of cells in excel I get an identical
error message to the one above. Is the problem caused by one of the
names I have chosen for a range?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After the error, go into Tools=References in the VBE. Make sure this
workbook is the only one open or at least that it is the activeproject in the
VBE (selected in the project explorer window). You should see one or more
references marked as MISSING. You need to use the browse button to find the
library or uncheck the reference if you can.

The reference probably won't have anything to do with the MID function, but
that is just where it manifests itself. If you have trouble fixing it, a
bandaid approach is to qualify MID with VBA

For Each thing In RotationRegisterForm.Controls
If VBA.Mid(thing.Caption, 1, 2) = "11" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("rotStart11Dates").Range("a4").S elect

Tom Ogilvy