Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A Late night lazy general question sharing code ??

Hi;

Just looking for some pointers. I am sharing my data remotely with a
friend. I have managed to get that organized without much difficulty.
However, while he adds and alters the spreadsheet's data. I would like to
continue to work on the VBA coding and provide updates and improvements in
the code.

My question is, how would I go about making code changes on my copy of Excel
and then download the code and install it in his copy of the workbook? If
someone can give me some general directions, I'll dig into the process in the
morning.

Regards Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Right click on a module in the project explorer, then choose Export

He can import the new module after deleting the existing module using the
same procedure.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bill Case" wrote in message
Hi;

Just looking for some pointers. I am sharing my data remotely with a
friend. I have managed to get that organized without much difficulty.
However, while he adds and alters the spreadsheet's data. I would like to
continue to work on the VBA coding and provide updates and improvements in
the code.

My question is, how would I go about making code changes on my copy of
Excel
and then download the code and install it in his copy of the workbook? If
someone can give me some general directions, I'll dig into the process in
the
morning.

Regards Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Just adding a little , try to use this code to automatically export :
Sub export()
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Module1"). _
export "C:\module1Copy.bas"

Halim