Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2007 PlotArea.Left

Just testing on Excel 2007 and in a simple graph I get the following error:
Method 'Left' of object 'PlotArea' failed
When I do PlotArea.Left = 0

This works fine in 2000 to 2003.

I can do simply On Error Resume Next and that solves it, but I wonder if
these
kind of bugs will be resolved in the final release.
Should I just ignore these bugs (I had some similar) and wait for the final
release?

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Beta" means that - the point is to discover the bugs and possibly fix them.
I say Possibly because it would depend on the degree of difficulty involved
and how the change might affect other features. I believe they have
finalized the bugs they are going to fix, so you would now wait to see what
the final product looks like. The fact the bug exists in the Beta at this
late date does not mean it will not be addressed and you won't know until
the final product is released.

Should I just ignore these bugs (I had some similar) and wait for the
final release?

Yes. (ignore but not forget - you will need to ascertain their status when
it is released if it affects you)

Tom Ogilvy

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
Just testing on Excel 2007 and in a simple graph I get the following
error:
Method 'Left' of object 'PlotArea' failed
When I do PlotArea.Left = 0

This works fine in 2000 to 2003.

I can do simply On Error Resume Next and that solves it, but I wonder if
these
kind of bugs will be resolved in the final release.
Should I just ignore these bugs (I had some similar) and wait for the
final release?

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another one:

Now you can do in Workbook_Open:

If Cells(1) = "stop" then
Stop
End If

But this fails in 2007 with an error message about focus.

RBS