Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Logic and Drop-Downs...

Let's assume that column "A" contains data and column "B" contains a
drop-down list that consists of simply "Yes" or "No".

Now let's assume that there multiple rows, simply for the sake of this
question.

If the cell of column "A" in any given row contains data, then the user is
to be able to use the drop-down in the cell adjacent in column "B" to select
"Yes" or "NO"... business as usual.

HOWEVER, if the cell of column "A" in any given row contains a zero, then I
want the drop-down in the adjacent column "B" to be disabled and the user to
not be able to enter any data into the cell.

Basically I want the adjacent cell in column "B" to display either a
drop-down selection (if there's data in the adjacent "A" cell), or a value of
zero if the adjacent "A" cell has a value of zero.

Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?

Thank you in advance!

--
I''m just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use code to change the form of the data validation. Data
validation alone won't disable the dropdown although you could perhaps use a
defined name as the source of the list that is then adjusted to which range
it refers to based on the content of column A - offering no choices (a single
blank choice) in the case where you would want it disabled.

Tom Ogilvy

"TR Young" wrote:

[...]

Creating drop downs in a cell contingent on another drop down Keeprogoal[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 24th 09 04:37 PM
Drop downs JOHN New Users to Excel 2 February 25th 09 01:30 AM
Drop downs How do add Drop down list Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 19th 08 03:45 PM
drop downs nanpenguin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 3rd 06 11:27 AM
Cross-referenced drop-down menu (nested drop-downs?) creativeops Excel Worksheet Functions 4 November 22nd 05 05:41 PM