Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a simple function code to do it?.

Hello,
I have a problem here in Italy...

I have this collection (array):

id name_x name_y value
--- ------------ ----------- --------
1 alfa beta 10
2 beta gamma 100
3 gamma gamma 1000
.... ........... .......... ...........

And I have this blank Excel file (only the name of the first row and
column):

alfa beta gamma
--------------------------------------
alfa
beta
gamma

I need to search for the exact coordinates and put the value in the
collection in the excel file...like this:

alfa beta gamma
alfa 10
beta 100
gamma 1000

Is there any simple code to do that?.
Thank you in advance.

Ale.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not use a pivot table. Pace you rcursor in the middle of the data and
select Data - Pivot Table - follow the wizard (or just choose finish as XL
will normally make all of the correct assumptions).

Place the X's in the left column and the Y's across the top and the values
in the middle...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"A" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming the results table is in H1:K5, in J2 use

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(1,($H2=$B$1:$B$20)*(I$1=$C$1:$C$20) ,0)),"",INDEX($D$1:$D$20,M
ATCH(1,($H2=$B$1:$B$20)*(I$1=$C$1:$C$20),0)))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

Copy down and across.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"A" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,
I have a problem here in Italy...

I have this collection (array):

id name_x name_y value
--- ------------ ----------- --------
1 alfa beta 10
2 beta gamma 100
3 gamma gamma 1000
... ........... .......... ...........

And I have this blank Excel file (only the name of the first row and
column):

alfa beta gamma
--------------------------------------
alfa
beta
gamma

I need to search for the exact coordinates and put the value in the
collection in the excel file...like this:

alfa beta gamma
alfa 10
beta 100
gamma 1000

Is there any simple code to do that?.
Thank you in advance.

Ale.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim Thomlinson ha scritto:

Why not use a pivot table. Pace you rcursor in the middle of the data and
select Data - Pivot Table - follow the wizard (or just choose finish as XL
will normally make all of the correct assumptions).

Place the X's in the left column and the Y's across the top and the values
in the middle...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Thanks for fast reply.
Yes, this works. But I must insert the values in a particular excel
file, making some procedures before putting the values in it so, I
can't go for a basic Pivot Table. Another idea? Thanks.

Ale.