Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Speeding up Macro

I have a complex macro that moves a preformatted sheet and brings in a large
amount of data from a database and starts processing it. Based on the data,
it then inserts a line in the form in the appropriate section (items in the
data may not be in order). This inserting and the subsequent actions are very
very slow. Almost to a crawl and working with 300 lines of data to insert
into the sheet pushes the report past the 20 minute mark.

Any general advice to speed this up? All the basic stuff is covered.
Calculation is off, error checking is off, page breaks are off, scren draw is
off. I've optimiazed everything I know. Why does the insert take so long to
do?

Any advice would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Working with excel object is slower than you use
Variable declaration to store the data,,, or using
txt file is faster ...

Halim