Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BIG BLUE partial screen problem?

Folks,

For some reason, after running some VBA code that writes a lot of data to a
worksheet (about 25,000 lines by 16 columns) and refreshes the related
Piovot Tables and graphs , I get a big blue area across the left third of
the screen on all worksheets. The only thing to do is save my workbook and
close Excel. When I reopen Excel, everything is OK. This does not happen
every time and does not happen very often. It is also happening on my
clients computer on occation. Onbly happens on Excel 2003, never on Excel
2007. Is there a way to avoid this problem?

I can't post the code, it is several hundred lines, but it does include
building then posting arrays to a worksheet and refreshing 6 related Pivot
Tables and charts. I strongly suspect that the charts are the problem
because I placed them on the same sheet as the Pivot Table. Someone told me
that was not a good idea and could crash Excel? But the reports are so
cool!

Thanks,

Allan P. London, CPA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Allan,

A wild guess, try formatting your charts to "Don't move or size with cells"

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Placement = xlFreeFloating

Regards,
Peter T

"Allan P. London, CPA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter T.

Great Idea! I changed the properties on all 15 charts to dont move or size
with cells and the problem has not returned for the last two days - so I
think that fixed it.

Thanks.

APL

[...]

When I open a spreadsheet it loads, but my screen is blue GCASA Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 29th 09 07:14 PM
on opening an existing file I get blank blue screen Paul de Vos Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 13th 09 05:42 PM
Why do I get a blue screen at the opening of a workbook? Dave Schmitt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 23rd 08 10:25 PM
Blue screen Amraam New Users to Excel 4 August 10th 07 04:56 PM
Blue Screen of Death Using Dialog Boxes [email protected] Excel Programming 5 May 19th 05 12:23 PM