Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editing Link Source

I am copying a worksheet from one workbook to another. this creates
links in the destination workbook. I am surpressing the update links
message, however when the source can not be found a window asking to
find the source pops up. I am looking for a way to do any of the
following:
1. Set the link source so it looks in the destination workbook which is
looking for a source file.
2. Skip the update link procedure all together, in a way that the user
will never see
3. Perform the copy without creating a link in the first place

The formulas that contain links get overwritten in a subroutine but the
workbook still thinks it needs to update links. This wasnt a problem
until files began getting passed across a network and the path to the
link source was no longer the correct path. (i.e. the link source file
doesnt reside on the local computer.)
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When I want to make sure the formulas will link to the worksheet with the same
name in the new workbook, I'll...

#1. replace all the equal signs with $$$$$
All the formulas are text
#2. Copy the sheet
#3. Reverse that change in both the original worksheet and the copied
worksheet.

But I'm not quite sure that's what you mean.

Another option would be to use Edit|Links|change source (record a macro when you
do it manually to get the code.)

--

Dave Peterson