-   -   new project requiring zipping and ftping. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/374210-new-project-requiring-zipping-ftping.html)

Morris[_2_]

new project requiring zipping and ftping.

Hi,

I've got this macro which is supposed to convert the .zip file to
self-extracting one (and changing the filename). I know it can be dan
with commandline of WinZip, but read somewhere that there exist free
ZIP libraries for VBA - have you ever used that, or can you point me to
a useful link?

After that the file is supposed to be automatically ftp uploaded, and
I'd like to use sftp protocol if possible. Does Windows XP support any
system built-in client? Or agaian - are there any libraries for this?

Thanks,
Morris

JLGWhiz

new project requiring zipping and ftping.

See this site: http://www.winzip.com/

"Morris" wrote:

Hi,

I've got this macro which is supposed to convert the .zip file to
self-extracting one (and changing the filename). I know it can be dan
with commandline of WinZip, but read somewhere that there exist free
ZIP libraries for VBA - have you ever used that, or can you point me to
a useful link?

After that the file is supposed to be automatically ftp uploaded, and
I'd like to use sftp protocol if possible. Does Windows XP support any
system built-in client? Or agaian - are there any libraries for this?

Thanks,
Morris

JLGWhiz

new project requiring zipping and ftping.

Morris, Just as an after thought... You are aware that you can zip and unzip
files with regular Windows applications, are you not?