Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RCL RCL is offline

Default Recover Office Registry

Hi, I have run this macro that I have found in this forum. It was
supposed to fix some subtotal problems of Excel. The problem is that it
has damaged some other Excel functions.

The macro is this:

Sub RegWriteXL97Subtotals()
Dim wsh As Object
Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.RegWrite
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options \Excel97Subtotals",
1,
"REG_DWORD"
End Sub

http://groups.google.com.ar/group/mi...23c93b94f35dc0

Any suggestion to delete or recover this?

Thanks all

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe this one helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870757/

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RCL" wrote:
| Hi, I have run this macro that I have found in this forum. It was
| supposed to fix some subtotal problems of Excel. The problem is that it
| has damaged some other Excel functions.
|
| The macro is this:
|
| Sub RegWriteXL97Subtotals()
| Dim wsh As Object
| Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
| wsh.RegWrite
| "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options \Excel97Subtotals",
| 1,
| "REG_DWORD"
| End Sub

http://groups.google.com.ar/group/mi...23c93b94f35dc0

| Any suggestion to delete or recover this?
|
| Thanks all

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't see how this one setting will break other functions. But you could
remove that key to get things back to the way things were.

You may want to post some examples of what broke. My first guess is that it was
just coincidence--not cause and effect.

--

Dave Peterson

Problem sharing spreadsheet between Office10 (Office XP) and Office 11 (Office 2003) Sage Solutions Group Excel Programming 0 August 20th 04 08:58 PM
Value from Registry Roy Lasris Excel Programming 3 February 23rd 04 11:53 PM
Office 2003 Registry Installation? Ken[_18_] Excel Programming 1 November 21st 03 03:17 PM
Registry Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 1 July 16th 03 01:02 AM
Registry Patrick Molloy[_4_] Excel Programming 0 July 15th 03 12:45 PM