Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DM DM is offline

Default ShortCut

Hi,

How to desactivate the ShortCut Ctrl + (dialog box to insert a line or column)

Thank for your collaboration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DM DM is offline

As supplement to this question :

Ctrl + Shift + "+"
Ctrl + "-"
Ctrl + "+"

Each ShortCut opens the same dialog box (dialog box to insert a line or a column)
i cannot desactivate any of them ....

Any solution to this case ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salutations,

"DM" a écrit dans le message de news:

How to desactivate the ShortCut Ctrl + (dialog box to insert a line or column)

Thank for your collaboration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use code to stop that dialog from showing:

Option Explicit
Sub DeActivate()
Application.OnKey "^{+}", ""
End Sub
Sub ReActivate()
Application.OnKey "^{+}"
End Sub

Read VBAs help for .onkey and you'll see more info.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DM DM is offline

Thanks for your answer...I know this way of doing...
but this Sub do not deActivate these shortcuts on my computer
even thouth it's worked well for othe shortcuts !

the keys ("+" or "-") are the one from the numeric section of the keyboard...

Am i the only one ?

'-------------------
Sub DeActivate()
Application.OnKey "^{+}", ""
End Sub
'-------------------

Thanks for your participation.

DM wrote:

As supplement to this question :

Ctrl + Shift + "+"
Ctrl + "-"
Ctrl + "+"

Each ShortCut opens the same dialog box (dialog box to insert a line or a column)
i cannot desactivate any of them ....

Any solution to this case ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salutations,

"DM" a écrit dans le message de news:

How to desactivate the ShortCut Ctrl + (dialog box to insert a line or column)

Thank for your collaboration.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can catch the shortcut key with code like:

Option Explicit
Sub turnitoff()
Application.OnKey "^{107}", "" '+ key
Application.OnKey "^{109}", "" '- key
End Sub
Sub turniton()
Application.OnKey "^{107}"
Application.OnKey "^{109}"
End Sub

A search of google found this:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...e26a616e83 00

or
http://snipurl.com/xmti

From: Kazuyuki Housaka - view profile
Date: Fri, Dec 27 2002 12:02 pm
Groups: microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,
This works on my PC.

Application.OnKey "{107}", "Add_Macro" '+ key
Application.OnKey "{109}", "Subtract_Macro" '- key

0 {96}
1 {97}
2 {98}
3 {99}
4 {100}
5 {101}
6 {102}
7 {103}
8 {104}
9 {105}
+ {107}
- {109}

Hope this helps.

DM wrote:

As supplement to this question :

Ctrl + Shift + "+"
Ctrl + "-"
Ctrl + "+"

Each ShortCut opens the same dialog box (dialog box to insert a line or a column)
i cannot desactivate any of them ....

Any solution to this case ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salutations,

"DM" a écrit dans le message de news:

How to desactivate the ShortCut Ctrl + (dialog box to insert a line or column)

Thank for your collaboration.

--

Dave Peterson

--