Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Sorting

I am trying to match debits and credits within a tolerance limit.In
order to do this I copied the values column into a blank column and
removed the minus signs from my sample and sorted it into ascending
order.This gives me results similar to my example below.

Using set 1
Now in order to match I'm summing the first two numbers and if they're
within my tolerance range cutting and pasting to a new sheet, deleting
the blank row
and continuing, so you'll see that the first two match to within 0.02
so they go to another sheet, the second two to within -0.01, that's
okay so off they go.
Pair three summed gives 2.95, outside my tolerance so in this instance
I remove only the upper number (position on screen) which is 1.46 to a
separate
worksheet and continue. Next paired would be 1.49 and -1.50 again they
are within my tolerance limit so would go to another worksheet. This
system works
fine until you encounter numbers in the following order.

Set 1
-0.95
0.97
1.21
-1.22
1.46
1.49
-1.5
-1.91
1.92

Using set 2
Only the two marked with an asterisk make a pair using my above rule
although they should all match off, the problem is the order in which
they appear causes rejections to the other worksheet.

Set 2
-20,399.84
-20,399.84
-20,399.84 *
20,399.84 *
20,399.84
20,399.84

So my question is how do I sort my figures in ascending order, easy
enough if I use a column with the minus signs removed but also ensure
that the sdata apears debit, credit, debit credit???????

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't be so impatient with google.groups
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had a finger stutter, that's all!

A solution would be n-n-n-n-n nice.
SteveW wrote:
Don't be so impatient with google.groups

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for all your help everyone.