Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Subtotal fails

Hello,

I have noticed an error when I do a subtotal with two breaks (do the
subtotal twice on the same data).

I have narrowed it down and have a book that the error can be reproduced and
since it is very hard to explain in text I'd really like to send a copy of my
workbook.

But here is my explanation in text:

I have a sheet with following data:

B1 B2 S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 S8 S9 S10
A B 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
A B 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
C D 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

I select the cells and choose subtotals on every change in B1 and do a
subtotal on S1-S10

This works OK.
Then I do a subtotal again on every change in B2, same subtotal columns.

If you followed my example you will see that row 7 and row 8 is switched
like this:
B1 B2 S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6 S7 S8 S9 S10
A B 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
A B 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Total B 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
Total A 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
C D 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Total C 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
Total D 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
Total 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3

If you test this, ensure you have the data exactly as above since it will
work in some cases...

Please help, this is a critical for me.

Thanks in advance
/Nicke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your answer but I know about this article. The registry hack they
suggests has saved me from another issue.

I was suprised when a customer got this error and the registry hack didn't
solve the problem.