-   -   Find function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373799-find-function.html)

kris

Find function

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with my problem. I have a list of data, and
I want to sort out data by name, for example by project. If a user selects a
prosject only the informations that contains this prosject name will be
showed. Each prosject name have different sub groups, f eks. paid, repaid
etc. When I use the look up function, I only get one observation. I want
something like the filter function, but the criterion to sort by, should
depend on a choice done in another cell.

I will be greatefull for some help.

Bob Phillips

Find function

Doesn't DataSort and DataFilterAutofilter do just what you want?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kris" wrote in message

I wonder if anyone could help me with my problem. I have a list of data,

and
I want to sort out data by name, for example by project. If a user selects

prosject only the informations that contains this prosject name will be
showed. Each prosject name have different sub groups, f eks. paid, repaid
etc. When I use the look up function, I only get one observation. I want
something like the filter function, but the criterion to sort by, should
depend on a choice done in another cell.

I will be greatefull for some help.

kris

Find function

Yes, it does. But what I what is that the drop down meny from autofilter
should select the same value as another cell futher up in the sheet.