Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel hidden data shown in XML ???

I ran across an odd spreadsheet... It appeared with a single worksheet
when opened in Excel, but when it was saved as XML, there was extra
data displayed from another sheet that then seemed to be linked to a
local worksheet. Since I didn't have the linked worksheet (excel never
even asked me about it), and there didn't appear to be any other
worksheets (hidden or otherwise), I was surprised to see the extra data
listed out in the XML. This same data was *not* displayed when saving
as csv, html, etc... only in the XML.

Just to be sure it wasn't old data from edits/etc, I ran the remove
hidden data utility and tried again, and the data was still there.

I want to export/load the XML into another application, and I don't
want this extra data around making my job difficult...

Where could this stuff be coming from ? There aren't any hidden sheets
that I can tell, and from the XML it looks as if the data originated
from a linked sheet on the local drive - one that I do not have anyway,
so it's not coming in from a local source.

Could these be remnants from some prior edit, or maybe from some
script/application manipulating the original sheet ? Why can I only
see it represented in the XML output, but nowhere else ?

Thanks for your help...

p.s. I looked at it in the vb editor and I don't see the data or
sheets there either. Oh, and I googled the issue of course, no luck...