Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

A coworker has given me a spreadsheet that pulls data from an Oracle database.

He has no problem running the macro, but when I try to run it I get error
'429' ActiveX Component can't create object.

Here's the line that causes the error:
Set oOraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

Can anyone suggest what my problem might be?

I'm pretty sure that I have an Oracle client installed on my PC, though I'm
not sure how to check that it's running.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.orafaq.com/faqoo4o.htm