-   -   Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373658-error-429-activex-component-cant-create-object.html)

Mike Hartsough

Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

A coworker has given me a spreadsheet that pulls data from an Oracle database.

He has no problem running the macro, but when I try to run it I get error
'429' ActiveX Component can't create object.

Here's the line that causes the error:
Set oOraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

Can anyone suggest what my problem might be?

I'm pretty sure that I have an Oracle client installed on my PC, though I'm
not sure how to check that it's running.

Thanks,
Mike

Tom Ogilvy

Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

http://www.orafaq.com/faqoo4o.htm

to download:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...ole/index.html

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike Hartsough" wrote:

A coworker has given me a spreadsheet that pulls data from an Oracle database.

He has no problem running the macro, but when I try to run it I get error
'429' ActiveX Component can't create object.

Here's the line that causes the error:
Set oOraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

Can anyone suggest what my problem might be?

I'm pretty sure that I have an Oracle client installed on my PC, though I'm
not sure how to check that it's running.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Hartsough

Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

That did the trick, everything's working fine now.

Thanks!
Mike