ExcelBanter

-   -   Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373658-error-429-activex-component-cant-create-object.html)

Mike Hartsough September 25th 06 07:06 PM

Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

A coworker has given me a spreadsheet that pulls data from an Oracle database.

He has no problem running the macro, but when I try to run it I get error
'429' ActiveX Component can't create object.

Here's the line that causes the error:
Set oOraSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

Can anyone suggest what my problem might be?

I'm pretty sure that I have an Oracle client installed on my PC, though I'm
not sure how to check that it's running.

Thanks,
Mike

Tom Ogilvy September 25th 06 08:21 PM

Error 429 ActiveX Component can't create object

http://www.orafaq.com/faqoo4o.htm

to download:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...ole/index.html

Tom Ogilvy