Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data_Forms

The tool in excel under data forms is a very useful tool. But I would like
this function to be used by other people. So how do I go about creating a
macro that will open up this data form for the selected data range I have in
mind.

Help appreciated as always.

Regards
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,
I just recorded a macro of this action and it gave:

ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

NickHK

"Matthew Balch" ...
The tool in excel under data forms is a very useful tool. But I would
like
this function to be used by other people. So how do I go about creating a
macro that will open up this data form for the selected data range I have
in
mind.

Help appreciated as always.

Regards
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tried in a new workbook and it actual works. I have come across problems with
other macros. Whereby, ok in new workbook, but if I try and use in an
existing workbook then doesnt work.

"NickHK" wrote:

Matt,
I just recorded a macro of this action and it gave:

ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

NickHK

"Matthew Balch" ...
The tool in excel under data forms is a very useful tool. But I would
like
this function to be used by other people. So how do I go about creating a
macro that will open up this data form for the selected data range I have
in
mind.

Help appreciated as always.

Regards
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew,

I have the same problem with this one. Did you ever find out how to fix it.
I need to do this in an existing worksheet. I can't use a new one.