Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Current file name in ConsolidationReference FileName

Urgent !

I'm building XSLT files to transfomr XML data to XML Excel spreadsheet files,

From the worksheet that I created with the XML data I am taking the data and
creating another worksheet with pivot table, the problem is that this
requiring except the source worksheet name the file name too... ?!

somthing like [XSL Output.xml]Report Data

The problem is that the file name is not static and it could change from
time to time... so...

Is there a way to tell Excel too look for the worksheet in the current file ?
Is there a workaround for this problem ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tambi wrote:
Urgent !

I'm building XSLT files to transfomr XML data to XML Excel spreadsheet files,

From the worksheet that I created with the XML data I am taking the data and
creating another worksheet with pivot table, the problem is that this
requiring except the source worksheet name the file name too... ?!

somthing like [XSL Output.xml]Report Data

The problem is that the file name is not static and it could change from
time to time... so...

Is there a way to tell Excel too look for the worksheet in the current file ?
Is there a workaround for this problem ?

I'm running into the same issue. The ConsolidationReport section does
have an element called <Name which can contain a reference to a named
region of the spreadsheet, but I can't find any documentation on that.
There's virtually nothing online documenting this stuff in any kind of
detail.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul

I'am still struggling with this with no success, it seems like the file name
is mandatory and can't be ignored even if we are getting the data from
current file

about the <Name element... it's not helping, it's just onother way to
replace the
<ReferenceR1C1:R7C3</Reference

with somthing like <Referencezzz</Reference

if you predefined it before like this :
<Names
<NamedRange Name="zzz" RefersTo="='Report Data'!R1C1:R7C3"/
</Names

but still the file name is required....