Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protecting a worksheet which has button controlled macros

I would like to protect a worksheet (named Model menu), which contains 10
control buttons. The purpose of each button is to operate a hyperlink to a
specified range in another worksheet within the same workbook. To give an
example, this is the macros the 850 button uses:

Sub View_Menu_850()
Range("F10").Select
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Everything appears to work ok with the Model menu worksheet protected and
the buttons unlocked. I click one of the buttons and get sent to the
appropriate range in the other worksheet. (In this case the range relevant to
the Volvo model 850. There are others named V70, & XC90 etc)
In order to return to the first worksheet I click the return button which
operates a hyperlink back to the Model menu. That also works ok, using the
following macros:

Sub ReturnToModelMenu()
Range("D1").Select
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
End Sub

Upon returning to the Model menu though, there is a complication.
If the cursor is clicked over any of the protected cells, the button most
recently used on the Model menu worksheet operates again, and I end up
straight back at the 850 worksheet, even though I didnt actually click on a
button.
Im finding this very frustrating and Id really appreciate any ideas about
what I'm doing wrong.

Regards,
Clinton

Was this post helpful to you?