Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to deal with no Workbook_Open for add-ins...?

Hey all--I have an add-in that includes code for a toolbar. I need the
toolbar to load every time people open a workbook in Excel, but
workbook_open won't run in an add-in. Is there an equivalent feature
(like Application_Open) that will work in its place? If not, can
someone suggest a work around (my users need to have the toolbar
installed for them when they use the add-in). Thanks, Abe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It WILL run in an add-in, but I always place it in Workbook_AddinInstall as
well (doubly-sure).

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey all--I have an add-in that includes code for a toolbar. I need the
toolbar to load every time people open a workbook in Excel, but
workbook_open won't run in an add-in. Is there an equivalent feature
(like Application_Open) that will work in its place? If not, can
someone suggest a work around (my users need to have the toolbar
installed for them when they use the add-in). Thanks, Abe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, I can think of a few ways to
take this:
1. You want the Toolbar to Load when the Addin is opened

2. You want the Toolbar to Load when any Workbook is opened

3. The Toolbar is hidden and you want it to become visible when a
Workbook is opened

4. I'm smokin pot and not of the above are true :)

1. There is a Workbook_Open() event for AddIns, however it only
triggers when the AddIn itself is triggered, which is when it is
installed and every time Excel is started after that, until the addin
is uninstalled of course.

2. We can create an application level event to trigger any time any
workbook is opened. See this post that Tom and I contributed to:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e7091ea005 39
3. Same as 2

Charles Chickering