Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum values based on Text

I have 2 columns, one contains "Pod 1", Pod 2" with each row having a pod
value. I need to add the numbers in a different column when the value in the
Pod column matches my designator. I have 3 rows with Pod 1 so I would add the
3 numbers in a different column.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mitchell,
This what you mean ?
=SUMIF(A1:A8,"Pod 1",B1:B8)

NickHK

"Mitchell" ...
I have 2 columns, one contains "Pod 1", Pod 2" with each row having a pod
value. I need to add the numbers in a different column when the value in
the
Pod column matches my designator. I have 3 rows with Pod 1 so I would add
the
3 numbers in a different column.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks worked perfectly, I was caught in a loop trying things that were way
too complex.

"NickHK" wrote:

Mitchell,
This what you mean ?