Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lotus to Excel

Hi, I am wondering if someone would know how to replicate a macro function I
used in Lotus. I am now transitioning (little late I know, but quite a task)
a financial spreadsheet I used for my day-to-day accounting, and I cannot
seem to replicate a function I used and heavily depended on in Lotus123. I
need to query a range, and Excel seems to have all these great external query
capabilities, and internal list options, however none will perform as I need.
In Lotus I would query a range of data using both AND, OR functions, the DATA
would be in one range of the worksheet(columns A-H), the CRITERIA in another
(columns L-S), and then the OUTPUT just below. All three had the same number
of columns and headings. The OUTPUT was only one row, and it would get
propogated as needed to fit all queried data. The CRITERIA consisted of
multiple rows, data entered in various columns on one row automatically used
the AND operator, and data on different rows used the OR operator. So in a
nutshell I would be able to enter my search critaeria, click a macro button,
and have the results output to the designated OUTPUT range. All within the
same worksheet. I had assumed this would be a simple query function, but I
have yet to get it to go. For many reasons I do not want to use lists, I
simply need data extracted via query and placed in a designated area of my
worksheet, the input range being on the same sheet.

Thanks for any help!

MikeD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Data, Filer, Advanced Filter should do the same thing as you described in
1-2-3.

--
Jim
"MikeD" wrote in message
| Hi, I am wondering if someone would know how to replicate a macro function
| used in Lotus. I am now transitioning (little late I know, but quite a
task)
| a financial spreadsheet I used for my day-to-day accounting, and I cannot
| seem to replicate a function I used and heavily depended on in Lotus123. I
| need to query a range, and Excel seems to have all these great external
query
| capabilities, and internal list options, however none will perform as I
need.
| In Lotus I would query a range of data using both AND, OR functions, the
DATA
| would be in one range of the worksheet(columns A-H), the CRITERIA in
another
| (columns L-S), and then the OUTPUT just below. All three had the same
number
| of columns and headings. The OUTPUT was only one row, and it would get
| propogated as needed to fit all queried data. The CRITERIA consisted of
| multiple rows, data entered in various columns on one row automatically
used
| the AND operator, and data on different rows used the OR operator. So in a
| nutshell I would be able to enter my search critaeria, click a macro
button,
| and have the results output to the designated OUTPUT range. All within the
| same worksheet. I had assumed this would be a simple query function, but I
| have yet to get it to go. For many reasons I do not want to use lists, I
| simply need data extracted via query and placed in a designated area of my
| worksheet, the input range being on the same sheet.
|
| Thanks for any help!
|
| MikeD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Data, Filer