Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Closing files by a macro

Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm. I think it will do what you
ask.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"kurt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

Than you for the fast response, I know that I could put in a timer ,
but some of the workbooks takes 10 to 15 sec, some 1 to 2 sec before it
is saved and closed
it is a "savings is finished" constrant I am looking for.

regards

Kurt

"kurt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kurt,
If you are saving and closing the ActiveWorkbook, another workbook's
_Activate event will fire as it becomes the new ActiveWorkbook.
Is that what you mean ?

NickHK

"kurt"
egroups.com...

"kurt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim wb as Workbook
For each wb in Workbooks
if not wb.name = "Personal.xls" Then
wb.Close True
End if
next

Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

Charles

kurt wrote:
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JLG, The syntax for Close is:
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True
So the " True" takes care of the save.

Charles

kurt wrote:
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

np glad to help :)

charles

JLGWhiz wrote:
I stand corrected. tnx Chs.

kurt wrote:
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi all

This macro is closing a numbers of workbooks as fast as i can.

Private Sub Closeall()
On Error Resume Next
f = Dir(CurDir & "\", 7)
Do While f < ""
f = Dir
..
.. here you can chek for read only files
.. here you can close all sheets.

ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=True
Loop
End Sub

regards

Kurt

Die_Another_Day skrev:

np glad to help :)

charles

JLGWhiz wrote:
I stand corrected. tnx Chs.

kurt wrote:
Hi all

I have 20 excellworkbooks open with diferent names.

Problem is to save and close theese files as fast as possible by a
macro.

As it is now, one file has to be saved and closed before I can run the
macro again manually.
Is the a vbariable there can be used to automatic restart the macro???

anyone have an idea??

The macro is placed in Personal.xls.

regards

kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kurt,
Not sure why you have loop with Dir() if you are closing workbooks...
The "normal" way would be :

Dim WS As Workbook

For Each WS In Workbooks
If WS.Name < ThisWorkbook.Name Then WS.Close SaveChanges:=True
Next

But it depends somewhat on where you are running this code.

NickHK

.
. here you can chek for read only files
. here you can close all sheets.