Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default REPLACE formula

How can I use the the replace formula to change 48.7M to 48,700,000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the range
Edit|replace
what: M
with: E6
replace all

Then format the cell to Number, 0 decimal places, and use 1000's separator.

The edit|replace actually changes the value to a number in scientific notation.

For example, if you enter:

3E4
=3*10^4
=3*10000