Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to detech same data in one sheet

how to know that I'm not key-in the data twice or more in one worksheet? In
my daily job, there is thousands of data and the data cannot duplicate.
Thanks a lot friend.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ShamsulZ wrote:
how to know that I'm not key-in the data twice or more in one worksheet? In
my daily job, there is thousands of data and the data cannot duplicate.
Thanks a lot friend.

Please, be more specific.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a very simple way, ShamsulZ!

Imagine you are typing in column A.
Add a new column B, and use the formula =COUNTIF(A:A,A2) in cell B2. Extend
it downwards. This will tell you how many times each item occurs.

You can then sort or filter on column B for anything that is not 1.

--
Allllen

"ShamsulZ" wrote:

how to know that I'm not key-in the data twice or more in one worksheet? In
my daily job, there is thousands of data and the data cannot duplicate.
Thanks a lot friend.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Could you use a countif formula?
eg in [B1]:
=countif(A:A,A1)
would give more than one if you had a duplucate of A1 elsewhere in colum A

"ShamsulZ" wrote:

how to know that I'm not key-in the data twice or more in one worksheet? In
my daily job, there is thousands of data and the data cannot duplicate.
Thanks a lot friend.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to both Rob & Allen which gave me the same advice. Morris pls refer to
their reply. I also did ask in this comm for Auto spelled no to sentence.
Perhaps you guy can help. Pls refer to the other question. Thanks a lot friend

"Morris" wrote:

ShamsulZ wrote:
how to know that I'm not key-in the data twice or more in one worksheet? In
my daily job, there is thousands of data and the data cannot duplicate.
Thanks a lot friend.

Please, be more specific.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

if you want in vba like this :
Sub findx()
Dim Wk As Worksheet, Mydata, firstfind As String
Mydata = "Your data"
For Each Wk In Worksheets
Set find1 = Wk.Cells.Find(Mydata, LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not find1 Is Nothing Then
MsgBox find1.Parent.Name
Set findnext2 = find1
Do
Set findnext1 = Wk.Cells.FindNext(after:=findnext2)
If Not findnext1 Is Nothing Then
If find1.Address < findnext1.Address Then MsgBox
findnext1.Parent.Name
End If
Set findnext2 = findnext1
Loop Until findnext1.Address = find1.Address
End If
Next Wk

Halim

"ShamsulZ" wrote:

how to know that I'm not key-in the data twice or more in one worksheet? In
my daily job, there is thousands of data and the data cannot duplicate.
Thanks a lot friend.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a lot more information here including other approaches that don't
require an adjacent column.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Tom Ogilvy