Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NS NS is offline

Default dynamic charts

hello there,

There is an excel file wherein the data source is set to a service. The
service feeds in stock data. I have a chart in another worksheet that
uses this data.

I need to expose this customized chart report on web.

This chart changes on every tick as the data is continuous.

The changes in data result in a change in graph of the chart.

i want these changes to be seen in a web browser.

As i cannot use the data directly. I can save the chart as an image or
convert the chart into a byte array (image as bytes) and send this data
to the web page as a service.

For this i need to get updated changes to the chart on every tick.

I plan to use a timer component in a web service that will read the
excel chart and send this data (image) to clients (browsers).

The browsers will initiate a callback every few seconds to get updated
images.

Can someone help me if this approach is fine.

I need to consider performance of this approach.
Also, will a timer component and continuous access to the chart object,
not freeze the system (server) ?

please help me as i dont want to develop an application that will result
in unnecessary complications on the already running system.

regards
JDY