Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Counting Minutes

I am new to VBA. I have an Excel Spreadsheet where each row is seperated by
an hour as shown below:
Date Time Col1 Col2
1/1/06 22:00 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 23:00 Val3 Val4
1/2/06 00:00 Val5 Val6

What I want to happen is to run a Macro (confugred with VBA) that does the
following to the input data:

Date Time Col1 Col2
1/1/06 22:00 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 22:01 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 22:02 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 22:59 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 23:00 Val3 Val4
1/1/06 23:01 Val3 Val4
1/1/06 23:59 Val3 Val4
1/2/06 00:00 Val5 Val6
1/2/06 00:01 Val5 Val6
1/2/06 00:59 Val5 Val6
, etc.

I am able to get the date and value columns to copy correctly, but have no
clue how get the time (minute) to sum.

Can someone please help.

Thank, In advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get your time values with a formula. The following example assumes
that the first time value is in cell A1:
1 22:00
2 =TIME(HOUR(A1),MINUTE(A1)+1,0)

Then copy the formula down the column.

--
Kevin Backmann

"AlEvanPA" wrote:

I am new to VBA. I have an Excel Spreadsheet where each row is seperated by
an hour as shown below:
Date Time Col1 Col2
1/1/06 22:00 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 23:00 Val3 Val4
1/2/06 00:00 Val5 Val6

What I want to happen is to run a Macro (confugred with VBA) that does the
following to the input data:

Date Time Col1 Col2
1/1/06 22:00 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 22:01 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 22:02 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 22:59 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 23:00 Val3 Val4
1/1/06 23:01 Val3 Val4
1/1/06 23:59 Val3 Val4
1/2/06 00:00 Val5 Val6
1/2/06 00:01 Val5 Val6
1/2/06 00:59 Val5 Val6
, etc.

I am able to get the date and value columns to copy correctly, but have no
clue how get the time (minute) to sum.

Can someone please help.

Thank, In advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to use a macro you can try this:

Sub DoTime()
'Assuming that Range("B1") is your starting time
'and entered into the spreadsheet
Dim MyRow As Object
On Error Resume Next
For Each MyRow In Range("B2:B100")
'or what ever range you'd like
MyRow.Value = Format(DateAdd _
("n", 1, MyRow.Offset(-1, 0).Value), "hh:nn")
Next
End Sub

Sandy

AlEvanPA wrote:
I am new to VBA. I have an Excel Spreadsheet where each row is seperated by
an hour as shown below:
Date Time Col1 Col2
1/1/06 22:00 Val1 Val2
1/1/06 23:00 Val3 Val4
1/2/06 00:00 Val5 Val6

What I want to happen is to run a Macro (confugred with VBA) that does the
following to the input data:

Date Time Col1 Col2