Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Folder Size

Hi Is it possible to find a folder size, and also how can I list duplicate
files into a listbox any help will be much appreciated thanks.
Charles
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ,

You can use this :
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Dim Drv As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim Filesx As Scripting.File
Dim SourceFolder As Scripting.Folder

Set Drv = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set SourceFolder = Drv.GetFolder("c:\")

' List of files in your c:\ drive
For Each Filesx In SourceFolder.Files
ListBox1.AddItem Filesx.Name
Next Filesx

' List of sizes in your c:\ drive
msg = "Used space: " & _
FormatNumber(Drv.GetDrive("c:\").TotalSize - _
Drv.GetDrive("c:\").FreeSpace, 0)
msg = msg & vbCr & "Free space: " & _
FormatNumber(Drv.GetDrive("c:\").FreeSpace, 0)
msg = msg & vbCr & "Capacity: " & _
FormatNumber(Drv.GetDrive("c:\").TotalSize, 0)

MsgBox msg, vbInformation, "Drive c:\"

End Sub

but before run you have to add your VBA references with
Microsoft Scripting runtime
from ToolsReferences
and check "Microsoft Scripting runtime" box

Halim

"vqthomf" wrote:

Hi Is it possible to find a folder size, and also how can I list duplicate
files into a listbox any help will be much appreciated thanks.
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub FolderSize()
Dim oFSO As Object

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemobject")
MsgBox Format(oFSO.getfolder("C:\myTest").Size, "#,##0 ""bytes""")

Set oFSO = Nothing

HTH

Bob Phillips

"vqthomf" wrote in message
Hi Is it possible to find a folder size, and also how can I list duplicate
files into a listbox any help will be much appreciated thanks.
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks!
Can you answer one more question for me is it possible to list up duplicate
files in a userform?.

"vqthomf" wrote in message
Hi Is it possible to find a folder size, and also how can I list duplicate
files into a listbox any help will be much appreciated thanks.
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
What you mean with duplicate files?
If all type of files you can use :

Dim mydir
mydir = Dir("C:\*.*")
Do While mydir < ""
ListBox1.AddItem mydir
mydir = Dir
Loop

Halim

"vqthomf" wrote in message
Hi Is it possible to find a folder size, and also how can I list duplicate
files into a listbox any help will be much appreciated thanks.
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You mean search the entire drive+root folder or sub folders for files that
have exactly the same name and extension ?

NickHK

"vqthomf" ...
Files with the same name.
Regards