Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Wide Drop Down Box reduces to cell size after selection

Hi,

I hope Excel can do this.

If Column H is the account number, and all the accounts and their
descriptions are listed in O10:097, can the cells in column H be a drop
down box selecting from the accounts? The accounts are four number,
space and then a long description.

The tricky part is that the account number cell is only 150px wide and
the accounts and their descriptions are 500px wide. I'd like the drop
down box to show the full description to pick from, but when selected,
it only needs to show the 150px of text. You see the account number is
at the beginning of the line so we only need the description to make
our selection, then just the account number is good to show in Column
H.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a combobox from the control toolbar toolbox. Use ColumnCount = 2, load
account numbers in the left column and descriptions in the right column.
Set the ListWidth and the ColumnWidth properties large enough to show what
you want.

Tom Ogilvy

ups.com...