Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

Default userform open when sheet activated

I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a user to
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a user to
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

I get a runtime error '424'
Object required

When going to Debug, the following line is highlighted:

If CheckBox1.Value = True Then

??

-ADK

"stevebriz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a user
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

ok I fixed it.....had to put the code in module and made the line:
If Sheets("Criteria").CheckBox1.Value = True Then

One other problem is that the cell does not blank out if checkbox is
unchecked

-adk

"stevebriz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a user
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try
replacing
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""
with
If Sheets("Criteria").CheckBox1.Value = False then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""
Make sure the sheet is not protected.

"stevebriz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a user
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

everything works except when the checkbox is checked or uncheck...it does
not change the cell value. I can manual change the cell to "" or SHOW
....which does work correctly.

Seems that the checkbox being changed does not change the cell value

??

-adk

(BTW, I am using Excel 2000)

"stevebriz" wrote in message
ups.com...
try
replacing

"stevebriz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a
user
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is strange...is cell locked...or is you checkbox not checkbox1??

I tested this code here before sending and it works fine ..
try this
put msgbox checkbox1.value
directly under Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()

and lets see if this comes up with a value...of the checkbox1

You can email your spreadsheet if you want me to take a look

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

not sure if this is the issue ...I want the checkbox on the form not in the
sheet "Criteria" ....I currently have the checkbox1 on my welcome form

adk

"ADK" wrote in message
everything works except when the checkbox is checked or uncheck...it does
not change the cell value. I can manual change the cell to "" or SHOW
...which does work correctly.

Seems that the checkbox being changed does not change the cell value

??

-adk

(BTW, I am using Excel 2000)

"stevebriz" wrote in message
ups.com...
try
replacing

"stevebriz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the
worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a
user
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

nevermind ...I fixed it had to also put code in checkbox code

Thanks for your help stevebriz

-ADK

"ADK" wrote in message
everything works except when the checkbox is checked or uncheck...it does
not change the cell value. I can manual change the cell to "" or SHOW
...which does work correctly.

Seems that the checkbox being changed does not change the cell value

??

-adk

(BTW, I am using Excel 2000)

"stevebriz" wrote in message
ups.com...
try
replacing

"stevebriz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try this
In your useform1 ( assuming this is you welecome form)

put
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW"
Else
Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = ""

Then in This Workbook put

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()

If Sheets("Criteria").Range("A93").Value = "SHOW" Then
UserForm1.Show
Else

ADK wrote:
A93 of the Criteria sheet

ups.com...

ADK wrote:
I would like to open a userform (WelcomeWindow) when the
worksheet
(Criteria) is active.

I would also like to place a checkbox on userform that allows a
user
check it to indicate they no longer want the userform to appear.

thanks

adk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will be the issue I think... it needs to say

userform1.checkbox1.value or XXXXX.Checkbox1.value depending on the
name of your form.