Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Routine to restore drag from- and drop to- areas/cells?

Hi,
In the worksheet, I have cells of different formats - color,
validation, font etc and I wonder if there are any routines to restore
both cells - both the "drag from" area- and the "drop to"- area.

Maybe you can use Selection_change event to remember the "drag from"
area etc.?

I already have a subroutine what recieve the target areas from
Worksheet_change event and correct the areas (it take each cell and
check the row and column to know how the cell should be formated like,
even if I change more than one area). If I could send the two cell
areas effected in draganddrop, I could just use the same routine.

Earlier, I blocked the draganddrop with routines like:
Application.OnKey "^x"
Application.CommandBars("Edit").Controls(3).Enable d = True
Application.CellDragAndDrop = True

But CellDragAndDrop kill the content in the clipboard making the user
not to be able to paste betrween the sheets. Therefore, I try to find
another solutions.

Happy to any suggestions and if possible, code snippets ready to use
....:-)

Kind regards
tskogstrom