Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UCase with Worksheet_Change and Target Address

If a small letter is entered into a specific cell, I need it to be upper case
or to have the code recognize either lower or upper case for the
Worksheet_Change to fire. I've tried putting the UCase in, but nothing is
working. Here is the code without the UCase in it: I Need L23 to be
Upper Case for this to work currently.
If Target.Address = "$L$23" Then
Set Target = Range("K23")
DWSat = Range("K23")
BSat = Range("L23")
If BSat = "Y" And DWSat = 0 Then
MsgBox "You Have Turned On Your Budget. You Must Now Set a Daily
Daily Weight!", Buttons:=vbExclamation
Target.Select
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If Target.Address = "$L$23" Then

DWSat = Range("K23")
BSat = Ucase(Range("L23").Value)
If BSat = "Y" And DWSat = 0 Then
MsgBox "You Have Turned On Your Budget. " & _
"You Must Now Set a Daily Daily Weight!", Buttons:=vbExclamation
Range("K23").Select

I would advise against trying to set Target to reference another cell.

Tom Ogilvy

"David" wrote in message
If a small letter is entered into a specific cell, I need it to be upper
case
or to have the code recognize either lower or upper case for the
Worksheet_Change to fire. I've tried putting the UCase in, but nothing is
working. Here is the code without the UCase in it: I Need L23 to be
Upper Case for this to work currently.
If Target.Address = "$L$23" Then
Set Target = Range("K23")
DWSat = Range("K23")
BSat = Range("L23")
If BSat = "Y" And DWSat = 0 Then
MsgBox "You Have Turned On Your Budget. You Must Now Set a Daily
Daily Weight!", Buttons:=vbExclamation
Target.Select

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom....my deepest appreciation for all your help these past two weeks on this
project. It has been received extremely well...and it was with your help that
I was able to provide such an amazing piece of "ART"!
Thank you again so much for your assistance!!

David