Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default disallowing insertion of rows

Is there a way of disallowing users to insert a row. I just dont want
anyone to insert any row, becuase my sheet is hyperlinked with other
sheets. Any insertion will ruin the hyperlink. Can anyone suggest
something?
Thanks,
Nasir.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an option to disallow the menu bars items or insert/delete
you could put this in you in an auto_open module then as soon as the
spreadsheet opens these menu items are greyed out. I added delete
incase you need it too

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset
Application.CommandBars("Row").Reset
Application.CommandBars(1).Reset
Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl
For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=296) 'insert
from menu bar
Ctrl.Enabled = False
Next Ctrl
For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=478) ' delete
from menu bar
Ctrl.Enabled = False
Next Ctrl
Application.CommandBars("Row").FindControl(ID:=293 ).Enabled = False '
Delete from Row
Application.CommandBars("Row").FindControl(ID:=296 ).Enabled = False '
Insert From row
Application.CommandBars("Cell").FindControl(ID:=29 2).Enabled = False '
Insert from cell
Application.CommandBars("Cell").FindControl(ID:=29 5).Enabled = False '
Delete from cell