Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL MACRO

I have a doubt and I need to know if I can get some advice. I have a macro in
an Excel file, which opens other 6 files and then format them. After that it
creates a new file, where it copies all the information from the previous 6
files and starts a loop creating 1.000 files approximately. My problem is
that after 50 files are created, the code starts taking 1 minute per file,
when before that the macro takes only 1 minute to create 10 files. What
should I do to improve the macros performance to continue with the initial
speed? I believe it should be related with the way excel handles files. Pls
let me know if you have any tips€¦€¦.Thanks in advanced for your help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Disable your anti-virus program.
Use a raid configuration for faster writing
post your code for other ideas
JY