Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default make macro "invisible" to end-users?

I have a Workbook where I use a macro to finalise some data. The 30 or so
users who read my Workbook never run or need any kind of access to the
macro. I want to be able to have this macro at hand while editing the
workbook but somehow "remove" it or make invisible to my users since they
will see the security warning as rather offensive.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

- right click on your workbook in "Project Explorer" in VBA window
- Click "VBAProject Properties"
- Select "Protection" tab
- Check "Lock project for viewing"
- Type a password

*** Please do rate ***

"Daves" wrote:

I have a Workbook where I use a macro to finalise some data. The 30 or so
users who read my Workbook never run or need any kind of access to the
macro. I want to be able to have this macro at hand while editing the
workbook but somehow "remove" it or make invisible to my users since they
will see the security warning as rather offensive.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

add the statement to the top of the module

Option Private Module

Macros in that module would not be seen from the Macro run list

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Daves" wrote in message
I have a Workbook where I use a macro to finalise some data. The 30 or so
users who read my Workbook never run or need any kind of access to the
macro. I want to be able to have this macro at hand while editing the
workbook but somehow "remove" it or make invisible to my users since they
will see the security warning as rather offensive.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are asking how to remove the Macros Enabled warning when the workbook
is opened, there area few ways

- reduce the security setting to Low (not advised)
- add a digital signature to your project.

Other than that, you are stuck with it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Daves" wrote in message
I have a Workbook where I use a macro to finalise some data. The 30 or so
users who read my Workbook never run or need any kind of access to the
macro. I want to be able to have this macro at hand while editing the
workbook but somehow "remove" it or make invisible to my users since they
will see the security warning as rather offensive.

How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Instead of having the macro in the workbook you send out, why not put it
into your Personal.xls and have it act on the workbook? That way you are
not sending out a workbook with macros in it.

Ed