Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default fr default color index, need color #

I need to strip out all rows that are in two colors of gray in a spreadsheet.
In the help file it has a picture of the color index with all the color
numbers however in
my color palette it does not line up with the color index. It has a smaller
number of colors
so I don't get how to get the number?

If you know the numbers corresponding to the default palette it is the first
gray color above the white colored square to the right of the default
palette and the other gray color is the darker gray directly above it. Can
you get me the two numbers ple-aze.

If you could tell me the method to fine the color number that would be
helpful but I really just need those two numbers to start a macro that will
delete all rows with those colors.

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

you can try this add-in to delete the rows
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Janis" wrote in message ...
I need to strip out all rows that are in two colors of gray in a spreadsheet.
In the help file it has a picture of the color index with all the color
numbers however in
my color palette it does not line up with the color index. It has a smaller
number of colors
so I don't get how to get the number?

If you know the numbers corresponding to the default palette it is the first
gray color above the white colored square to the right of the default
palette and the other gray color is the darker gray directly above it. Can
you get me the two numbers ple-aze.

If you could tell me the method to fine the color number that would be
helpful but I really just need those two numbers to start a macro that will
delete all rows with those colors.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron:
Thanks I tried downloading the easy filter. I would like to use it very much.
I discovered it doesn't work on Excel 2004 for the Mac.
So I still need to figure out how to delete the rows but I think the colors
I want are
15 and 16 from your color charts.
Janis

"Janis" wrote in message ...
I need to strip out all rows that are in two colors of gray in a spreadsheet.
In the help file it has a picture of the color index with all the color
numbers however in
my color palette it does not line up with the color index. It has a smaller
number of colors
so I don't get how to get the number?

If you know the numbers corresponding to the default palette it is the first
gray color above the white colored square to the right of the default
palette and the other gray color is the darker gray directly above it. Can
you get me the two numbers ple-aze.

If you could tell me the method to fine the color number that would be
helpful but I really just need those two numbers to start a macro that will
delete all rows with those colors.

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Janis

I discovered it doesn't work on Excel 2004 for the Mac.

No, Sorry

Try this for row 1 to 1000
It check the A column for the color 15 and 16

If you want to know the number of the color then select the cell and run this macro

Sub getcolor()
MsgBox ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Sub

Sub Example2()
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim ViewMode As Long
Dim StartRow As Long
Dim EndRow As Long

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

ViewMode = ActiveWindow.View
ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView

With ActiveSheet
.DisplayPageBreaks = False
StartRow = 1
EndRow = 1000

For Lrow = EndRow To StartRow Step -1

If .Cells(Lrow, "A").Interior.ColorIndex = 15 Or _
.Cells(Lrow, "A").Interior.ColorIndex = 16 Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete
Next
End With

ActiveWindow.View = ViewMode
With Application