Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Progress indicator while saving a file.

Hi.

I'm using VB code to save my Excel file to an off-site server. This saving
process can take as much as a minute. During this time, it is hard to tell
that anything is happening. I was wondering if there was a way to have some
sort of progress indicator display while the file is being saved.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming you are doing something like:
Thisworkbook.saveas Filename
you only a one line call, so you get no indication of progress to react to.
You can use:
Application.Cursor = xlWait
Application.StatusBar="Saving..."
Thisworkbook.saveas Filename
Application.Cursor = xlDefault
Application.StatusBar=fasle

to give a visual clue to the user that something is happening.

If you are using another method, then post your code.

NickHK

"PCLIVE" bl...
Hi.

I'm using VB code to save my Excel file to an off-site server. This
saving process can take as much as a minute. During this time, it is hard
to tell that anything is happening. I was wondering if there was a way to
have some sort of progress indicator display while the file is being
saved.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NickHK,

I'm already utilizing the Application.StatusBar code. I will apply the
Application.Cursor code. That may be just enough to do what I need.

Thanks.
Paul