Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how might I tell a user they did not enable macros for excel?

I have a form full of vbscript. I want the users to see a worksheet with a
warning that they did not enable macros. If they did enable macros I want
the form to show instead of the message.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Add a worksheet formatted with a message asking the user to enable macros.
Use the workbook_open procedure to hide the sheet and show the form.

---
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"mike f" <mike wrote in message ...
I have a form full of vbscript. I want the users to see a worksheet with a
warning that they did not enable macros. If they did enable macros I want
the form to show instead of the message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The standard way to approach this is as follows.
- create a worksheet with a message on explaining that for this workbook to
run it needs macros enabled, maybe even a few screenshots
- hide all other worksheets]
- add some code in the Workbook_Open event that un hides the other sheets,
but hides that sheet.

What happens is that if they do not enable macros, they will only see the
warning sheet, telling them how to do it. If the enable macros, it will
startup as the workbook it should be.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips