Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional inserting content in new rows in other file/sheets

This is the very first time I will be using actual coding for VB
instead of just recording it, so bare with me please.

So what's the problem?

Basically, there is a main excel file (book) containing the cell with
dropdownlist and there are plenty (12) other excel files where conten
needs to go to in new rows. What is selected in the dropdownlist refer
to the file/book where the new row and its content should go into. Th
content is currently placed in the columns after the dropdownlist i
the same row.

Lets say the dropdownlist contains the names (Steven, Manu and frank)
Those names have also their own excel files called steven, manu an
frank. Its the content that follows after the cell (in the followin
columns) which needs to be inserted in to the other books specified b
the dropdownlist. Perhaps for your ease, the cell is located in let'
say C3 and content of D3, E3, F3, ... needs to be copied and paste
into a new row in an existing sheet in another file called frank
steven, ... depending on what you choose in the dropdownlist.

I might have said three times the same, but as other forums haven'
been able to help me so far ...

Kind regards,

Christopher Wilkinso

--
cjwilkinso
cjwilkinson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3781

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this code at Ron de Bruin's site will need some tailoring, but it will give
you a good start.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"cjwilkinson" wrote:

This is the very first time I will be using actual coding for VBA
instead of just recording it, so bare with me please.

So what's the problem?

Basically, there is a main excel file (book) containing the cell with a
dropdownlist and there are plenty (12) other excel files where content
needs to go to in new rows. What is selected in the dropdownlist refers
to the file/book where the new row and its content should go into. The
content is currently placed in the columns after the dropdownlist in
the same row.

Lets say the dropdownlist contains the names (Steven, Manu and frank).
Those names have also their own excel files called steven, manu and
frank. Its the content that follows after the cell (in the following
columns) which needs to be inserted in to the other books specified by
the dropdownlist. Perhaps for your ease, the cell is located in let's
say C3 and content of D3, E3, F3, ... needs to be copied and pasted
into a new row in an existing sheet in another file called frank,
steven, ... depending on what you choose in the dropdownlist.

I might have said three times the same, but as other forums haven't
been able to help me so far ...

Kind regards,

Christopher Wilkinson

--