Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting list

Hello! I want to sort a table that contains info for certain types of bonds.
I want to sort the bonds based on maturity. The maturity can be found under
the headline €œSecurity ID€. There you find e.g. €œT 4.75 0311€. Now the
maturity is the four last digits i.e. €œ0311€. The maturity is given in the
form MMYY meaning that the two first digits represents the month and the two
after represents the year. However they are sometimes followed by an X or
some other letter but you always find the four digits after the yield i.e.
after 4.75 in this case. Please help me with sorting this list! Any help
appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!
The table has headlines for each list and it looks like:

Sec type
GOV BOND
GOV BOND
GOV BOND
GOV BOND
GOV BOND

Security ID
T 4.75 0311
T 4.25 0813
T 4.0 0310
T 4.0 0410
T 4.0 0609

Local return
-0,00162152
-0,00186679
-0,00109303
-0,00109558
-0,00077904

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You want to sort the three separate groups of data which are located
sequentially underneath each other in a single column based on 4 digits
contained in the second set of data where the relationship between the groups
is relative position within the group?

There is a restriction on reorganizing the data or using a copy of the data
reorganized on another sheet? It has to be sorted in place?

Tom Ogilvy