Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I name a spreadsheet from the value in a single cell

I have a formula that concatenates a poortion of a customer's name, and the
date as my invoice names (i.e. IN-NORT081606. I want to save my invoices
with the name derived in a cell with the above formula. Or I would like to
name the saved file using a macro IN-NORT081606.XLS. How can I do this in a
macro??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Mark,

Try this:

Sub testname()
thisworkbook.saveas "C:\" & Range("a1").value
End Sub

'Assume that range("a1").value isn;t empty

Rgds,
Halim

Mark Norton menuliskan:
I have a formula that concatenates a poortion of a customer's name, and the
date as my invoice names (i.e. IN-NORT081606. I want to save my invoices
with the name derived in a cell with the above formula. Or I would like to
name the saved file using a macro IN-NORT081606.XLS. How can I do this in a
macro??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It worked like a charm. Thank you so much. I am just getting started with
my Excel programming and am afraid that I might need to pick up a book.
Thanks a million!

Mark