Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modify ADD ROWS Code - Excel 2003

Hello,

I found this code when researching to add rows to a worksheet. Could
someone help me modify it so that when I'm running the code to add rows
to multiple worksheets in a workbook that does not have but 3 rows
bucause this code will not work if the worksheet does not have at least
4 rows of text?

I have 75 worksheets in my workbook but some of the worksheets have
only 3 rows of text and the below code will stop working. How can the
code be changed so that if there is no text in the 4 row the code will
know to move to the next worksheet in the workbook?

Sub Add_rows()
'will put 3 row between rows
Irow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Do Until Irow = 4
Set Rng = Range("A" & Irow)
Rng.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert
Irow = Irow - 1
Loop
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Thank you for your help in advance,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do Until Irow = 4

to whatever the lastrow you want to process is. Say row 2

Do Until Irow = 2

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the fast reply! But I did not describe my problem right. If
the worksheet only has 4 rows the code will stop working. Can the code
be modified so that it will move to the next sheet in the workbook?

Thank you for your help,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

I figured out my problem! When I ran another code it moved data to the
end of some of my worksheets and when I got a error message saying to
use control end to find data at the of the worksheet it had some how
moved my data to the last row in my worksheets. So I got a fresh copy
of my workheets tried the new code and it works fine!

Thank you for your help,
jfcby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Add_rows()
Dim sh as Worksheet, Irow as Long
Dim rng as Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'will put 3 row between rows
for each sh in activeworkbook.Worksheets
sh.Activate
Irow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

Do Until Irow = 4
Set Rng = Range("A" & Irow)