Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File error some number formats may have been lost

The answer in 2003 is to unprotect any protected sheets, right click on a
cell and select Format Cells, then Custom and in the Custom Formats find Text
and delete that then save changes. This worked for me so that when the file
is opened in 2000 the error message is no longer displayed.
--
with kind regards

Spike

"Spike" wrote:

I have created a workbook (in Excel 2003) comprising 6 sheets with several
macros behind it. After the macros have run it saves down a new workbook
with no macros and just the raw data plus some formulas.

If this workbook is opened in Excel 2000 it shows an error message "File
Error. Some number formats may have been lost".

I have searched the net etc and it seems quite a common problem but i cannot
find the cause. If i add one new blank spreadsheet and delete all the others
so the workbook contains no data whatsoever and only one new blank sheet so
the only common thing is the filename it still shows the same error message
which i find quite bizarre does anyone have any ideas??
--
with kind regards

Spike