Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Starting a Visual Basic Code

I am trying to make a button on my excel sheet that when hit will do a few
things. I want it to first insert a new row into my spreadsheet. I then want
the form I created in Visual Basic to come up. This form has 11 different
data fields. After those are filled manually, I want it to insert the values
into the appropriate cells in my sheet.

I made an extensive worksheet in excel and I am afriad of it getting messed
up while I am at school and other people use it. I figure if I do it this
way, people can continue to enter info, without mt formulas getting messed
with, etc.

I've never done this before but have worked alot with excel, so I think I
can figure it out with some help. I dont really know how you decide what to
type as the code. Is there a format or wizard? I've worked on it most of the
afternoon today with little progress. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q161514)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=161514

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data (Q213749)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213749

See this tutorial here
http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004...g_userfor.html

How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
Microsoft Excel

Peter Aiken Articles:
Part I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...FormsPartI.asp
Part II
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ormsPartII.asp
Here are some other sources of information:

Tom Ogilvy

"Erik (AP Inc.)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the control source property of the textbox

Sheet1!A1

Userform1.show

Tom Ogilvy

"Erik (AP Inc.)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am finally getting somewhere, but now I am trying to figure out the code
for a button that you can press that enters all the information, I also want
it to enter the info into a new row each time. i have a count, but I dont
know how to link the count cell to the control source. All the columns stay
the same but the row changes each time.