Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Excel Macros from VB.Net

Hi, We are trying to automate an application that consumes excel sheets, gets
fed into a couple of excel templates and generates new excel sheets based on
the data and the macros on the templates.

We are willing to use VSOT (Office Tools from Visual Studio), do you think
this is a good idea? Can I access Excel Macros from VB.Net? Or is there a way
I can automate this whole process?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are some posts here from people using various .Net products (seems
mainly C#) to automate Excel. Whilst it does not appear as straight forward
as say from VB5/6, others accomplish it.
AFAIK, any user of such a app would require the compatible Framework,
possible OWC and a few other system components to make it all work, so
ensure you install all these with your app.

Note: I don't use .Net, this is just what I've picked from seeing how much
complex it is compared to automation from VB Classic.

NickHK