Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Print Macros

I'm trying to create a button that will automatically print out a sheet to my
desktop (or possibly another folder) with a specific filename (say, Vendor A)
without having to type anything in... Basically press a button and my file is
ready to go without any intervention... any help out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You want to "print out a sheet to my desktop" ?
As a PDF or which format ?

Or do mean save as an Excel file ?

NickHK

"WBTKbeezy" ...
I'm trying to create a button that will automatically print out a sheet to
my
desktop (or possibly another folder) with a specific filename (say, Vendor
A)
without having to type anything in... Basically press a button and my file
is
ready to go without any intervention... any help out there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub CommandButton1()
Dim objShell as Object, objFolder as Object
Dim strDeskPath as String
Const Desktop = &H10&
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(Desktop)
strDeskPath = objFolder.Self.Path
worksheets("Sheet3").copy
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
activeworkbook.SaveAs strDeskPath & "\" & "Mybooks.xls"
Activeworkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
end sub

Tom Ogilvy